Welcome to Christ the King Catholic Church.
The current programme of Mass times
At each mass, numbers will be limited to 50 people on a first come first served basis. We will aim to open the doors 25 minutes before each mass – please see more. These arrangements makes it possible to be present for the Holy Sacrifice and to receive the Body of Christ.
- Saturday 8th August Vigil Mass at 6.00pm – public mass with restrictions.
- Sunday 9th August at 9.00am and 11.00am – public masses with restrictions. Please note, the 11.00am Mass will also be live streamed.
- Tuesday 11th August at 7.30pm – Mass will be live streamed only – it is not possible to attend in person. See Divine Worship Mass Card.
- Thursday 13th August Funeral Mass for Isobel Manz at 10.30am. Although it is not possible for parishioners to attend in person, the Mass will be live streamed on YouTube. There will be not be the usual Mass at 11.30am.
- Saturday 15th August Vigil Mass at 6.00pm – public mass with restrictions.
- Sunday 16th August at 9.00am and 11.00am – The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary – these are public masses with restrictions. The 11.00am Mass will also be live streamed. Evening Prayer and Benediction at 6.00pm will be live streamed – it is not possible to attend in person.
Here is the YouTube link for all live streamings.
As you leave the Church there will be buckets for your collection money! Please be as generous as possible. Also collect your box of gift aid envelopes if you are in the scheme.
The obligation to attend Sunday Mass has not been reimposed and everyone should consider their own health and the health of others before coming to mass. The 11.00am mass will continue to be live streamed via this YouTube link . Be assured that those present on 16th August and those watching the live stream are all one in our parish worship.
The church is currently open twice a week for private prayer on the days listed below.
- Tuesdays 11.30am-12.30pm
- Wednesdays 3.00pm – 4.00pm
If you wish to visit for private prayer there are some restrictions – see more Please do not take any unnecessary risks if you are frail or vulnerable in anyway.
Live Streaming of Mass Sunday 16th August – The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Sunday 16th August at 11.00am – the stream goes live 10 minutes beforehand. Here is the YouTube link . As we are not currently allowed to have congregational singing, the mass will be said, with the organ playing at appropriate moments. Please see the standard mass card in case you need it for the words of the responses, creed etc. For those watching online the act of spiritual communion will be said after the priest has received Holy Communion.
Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You
Are truly present in the Most
I love You above all things,
And I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot, at this moment receive
you Sacramentally, come at least
spiritually into my heart. I embrace You
as being already there and unite myself
wholly to You. Never permit me to be
separated from You. Amen.
Communion of the Sick
At present we are not allowed to visit the sick and housebound except in danger of death. Hopefully this will change soon.
Any financial support would be extremely welcome. Here is the link to donate online, if you prefer. Thank you.
With all best wishes and prayers,
Pope’s Prayer Intention for August – The Maritime World
We pray with Pope Francis for all those who live and work from the sea, among them sailors, fishermen and their families.
This most extraordinary year of pain and suffering continues into the late summer. The pandemic is affecting, almost certainly, every single human on the face of the earth. See more
CAFOD Emergency Appeal Beirut
The explosions in Beirut have left hundreds of families with nothing. You can help them. Donate to the Beirut Emergency Appeal See more
Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) launched a nationwide appeal on 14th July
CAFOD is an active member of DEC. The Catholic community has been asked to keep those worst affected in their thoughts and prayers and where possible, their alms giving. See more