Christ the King
WELCOME to the Church of Christ the King in east London. Our parish is a vibrant community, normally with a full programme of worship and faith development and a number of weekly activities. We serve parts of Walthamstow and Chingford, and publish a weekly Newsletter. Our Parish Priest is the Reverend David Waller (Ord).
Latest Covid Guidelines
From 19 July 2021, we entered Step 4 of the Government’s Covid-19 Response Roadmap. The following guidelines apply from Sunday 25th July onwards.
- We are still required to keep track and trace details. Please scan the QR barcode at the door or complete a track and trace slip in the Church porch.
- When you enter the building please sanitise your hands – this is your responsibility.
- You are highly encouraged to continue wearing a mask.
- Do not sit too closely to other people and be sensitive to other peoples’ needs. The block of seats on the far left as you enter the Church will continue to have enforced distancing and the wearing of masks will be compulsory in those seats.
- Communion will be distributed during the mass, and will continue to be under one kind only. When coming for communion please move as directed.
- The sign of the peace remains suspended.
- Congregational singing is permitted but those singing are asked to wear a mask and to be restrained, sing gently.
- At the end of mass, please keep a safe distance as you move from your seat to the door. Please DO NOT talk or congregate in the porch.
Please note, the above points are very important, if we do not observe them we will have failed in our risk assessment and will have to revert back to the pre-existing arrangements. Thank you for your understanding and continued cooperation.
A new podcast is uploaded each Saturday evening. To Listen
Worship with Us
We publish a weekly programme of Services, and booking is not necessary. We also offer live stream services for those who prefer to watch online and make a Spiritual Communion (see below).
The church is open for more weekday masses and some are live streamed. Please see the programme below for full details. It is the responsibility of those coming to mass to ensure that they sanitise their hands and either scan-in or leave contact details.
Please visit our page on the Environment.
Mass times and Programme 24th July – 1st August 2021
- Saturday 24th July Vigil Mass at 6.00pm – Public Worship.
- Sunday 25th July Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (B). Mass at 9.00am – Public Worship. Mass at 11.00am – Public Worship and also available on Live Stream. See Sunday Gospel Relection.
- Monday 26th July Mass at 9.30am – Public Worship.
- Tuesday 27th July Private Prayer 11.30am to 12.30pm – Church is open. Mass at 7.30pm (Divine Worship) – Public Worship and Live Stream.
- Wednesday 28th July Private Prayer 3.00pm to 4.00pm – Church is open.
- Thursday 29th July Mass at 11.30am followed by Adoration and Benediction – Public Worship and Live Stream.
- Saturday 31st July Vigil Mass at 6.00pm – Public Worship.
- Sunday 1st August Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (B). Mass at 9.00am – Public Worship. Mass at 11.00am – Public Worship and also available on Live Stream.
For Children’s liturgy visit our page on Children.
We will continue to produce the weekly newsletter online and, where possible, parishioners are encouraged to read or download the online version. This saves papers and provides easy access to links to other sites. However, printed copies will be available in the porch for those who cannot access the newsletter online. These will not be given out to everyone attending mass but can be taken from the table if required.
Hymnbooks will be given out at the 9am Mass on Sundays. Please return them on the way out.
Hymnsheets will be given out for the 11am Mass on Sundays. These will need to be disposed of after use – please help us by taking yours home with you.
During the pandemic we have become used to listening to the readings without having printed copies to follow. Reading sheets will be available on the table in the porch but will not be handed out with hymnbooks/hymnsheets, in order to be environmentally friendly and not produce more copies than are needed. Please take a copy if you wish and then take it home with you – these cannot be reused at a later mass.
Watching Mass Online
Here is the YouTube link for all live streamings. The stream goes live 10 minutes beforehand. Here is the Order of Mass. Please say the Act of Spiritual Communion after the priest has received Holy Communion – he will prompt you.
Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You Are truly present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, And I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot, at this moment receive you Sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as being already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
All intentions will be said by Fr David either in public or private celebration of Mass during the current lockdown. If you would like to offer a Mass please email email@example.com
If you are using the Ordinarite Rite please see this mass card.
Hard of hearing
There are a number of signed Masses available, while some YouTube feeds, like that of Our Lady of Lourdes and St Joseph in Leigh, have the facility to provide recordings with subtitles. See more
Communion of the Sick
At present we are not allowed to visit the sick and housebound except in danger of death.
Any financial support would be extremely welcome. Here is the link to donate online. You can also set-up a bank standing order or increase an existing one and, if you are a UK taxpayer please consider joing the Gift Aid Scheme. You will find the necessary forms here.
If you can Gift Aid your donation then the value of your generosity is increased by 25% at no cost to you, and Gift Aided contributions form a substantial part of the Church’s finances. Thank you.